Archive

Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Late announcement for a reading

I'll try to get the info out on time for the next one, but last night was the next installment of the GRAiL Reading Series at the University of Tennessee. Readers included Ashley Moser (helluva story about kids on the beach in Charleston), Pamela Schoenewaldt who read a story called "The Blessed Virgin, Here and Gone" which is being optioned for a short film (you can read another of her stories here at The Sun Magazine), and the third reader was my friend Tim Sisk.

I'd like to heap all kinds of praise on Tim's reading, but at the rate he's writing these white trash poems, he's going to have a book soon enough. (Thanks for reading those requests, Tim.) He also read a laugh-out-loud funny (and touching) piece of non-fiction. You can read an excerpt from "The Politics of a Southern Funeral" at his blog, Bookspaz.

By the way, the last day for Knoxville Writers' Guild Prize submissions is next week Friday. Three poems, none previously published. $10. Can't beat that.

1 comment:

Timothy said...

I hear that Tim Sisk guy is a real d-bag and his stuff sounds like a broken country record.

You're too kind, Josh. I think I may have even blushed a little when I read your praise.