Archive

Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, February 23, 2009

"Josh sings the body hymnal"

Here's a picture taken by my friend Molly Rose during my University of Louisville reading. Her photo caption: "Josh sings the body hymnal."

Had a great time at the conference. Met some interesting folks, heard some good work, got to see old friends from Kansas and West Virginia.

Here's the setlist from my recent reading:

"All Creatures Here Below"
"Field Guide to the Second Coming"
"The Big Bopper's Soul Petitions Entry"
"Against Forgiveness"
"Dithyramb with Streetlight"
"Lightning Over Walgreens"
"Watching President Reagan's Funeral, I Think of My Father in the Hospital Waiting Room on the Day I was Born"
"Collateral"
"Carry Me Home"
"Sparrows Sold for a Copper Coin & Not One Falls to the Ground"

I'd thought about also reading three very new poems ("The Bar Clock's Hymn," "Hymn of the Mattress Coil," and "What I Mean When I Say Hymn") but they aren't ready. I mean, just look at the titles.

Here's to having them in better shape for another reading I'm giving in March sometime here in Knoxville. More info on that to come.

_______

Also, had recent acceptances from Mid-American Review and New South, both journals I've coveted appearing in for quite some time. I also won something recently, though I'm not sure if I can say what quite yet. Details forthcoming.

_______

Finally, congrats to my good friend Jeffrey Schultz who just won a major award. Details on that forthcoming.

No comments: